Rocktober is in full swing, and I hope it is rocking for you.. I also hope you are ready for Monday, October 16 because it is going to be a great day of learning and planning for instruction all the way up to Thanksgiving. Also, Carolyn and I be serving lunch on that day. Complete the form if you want to eat lunch. We are serving you a choice of hamburgers or baked potatoes.
We are so excited that the BR Fall Festival is set for Saturday, October 21 from 8 - 4. This event is going to have tons of fun events including a Zombie Run, Pony Rides, Inflatable Bounce Houses/Obstacle Courses in the Gym, and lots of food, vendors, etc.
Contact Stacey Raymer or Terra Mathers to sign up to run in the Zombie Run. It’s going to be too much fun.
RAISE FUNDS FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION IN THE SILENT AUCTION
Contact Shawn Harris to get your organization in the silent auction.
Thank you so much for all of your hard work administering FA1, looking at the data and planning interventions for our students. By now, you should have a plan for spiraling low-performing, critical standards back into instruction and creating tutoring groups based on the skills specific students need. It’s going to be a great 2nd 6 weeks of targeted instruction!
I’m excited about our Professional Learning Day planned for Monday, October 16th. In our time together, we will:
- Look at identifying your 8-12 most critical standards, highlighting the ones that will need to be covered in the next 4 weeks.
- Begin making your FA2 test.
- Begin planning the next 4 weeks of instruction, using the IFD to:
- Plan quality DOK questions and exit tickets
- Choose essential vocabulary
- Highlight any misconceptions to drive the guided learning section of your lesson plan
Here’s the document which outlines our day - https://goo.gl/pF6KnM. The document has a few screencasts showing you how to access needed documents.
Don’t forget to sign up for lunch! - https://goo.gl/Yqzk1w
It’s Principal Appreciation Month, so this week’s Staff Shoutout is a BIG THANK YOU to our amazing campus principals. They’re amazing leaders that love students and staff. THANK YOU Mr. Figueroa, Mr. Lentz, Mr. Todd and Mrs. Sawatsky.
- October classes are listed in Eduphoria and HERE - https://goo.gl/9YfN8r
- Make sure you sign up and complete the survey to receive credit.
- Thanks to our awesome iMPACT Team for their assistance in planning and creating quality professional learning!
Business Office Announcements
- Food service balances may NOT exceed $30 per employee and per employee’s student. Please make sure you are keeping an eye on your account so this does not become an issue.
- Regarding student meals: General Operating will pay for approved student meals beyond District. General Operating will not pay for any student meals for practice events. Activity account funds may be used with prior approval and available funds.
Special Programs Announcements
- October 16th PD - Daycare will be provided by the HS Beta Club for staff children, grades K-5. Sign up here by Oct 12 - https://goo.gl/JYWE5B Lunch will be provided for your kids.
Upcoming Events (next 3 weeks)
See Mr. Wink’s blog for sports & community events.
- Mon, Oct 16 - Staff Development Day (No School for Students)
- Mon, Oct 16 - Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Wed, Oct 18 - School Picture Retakes
- Fri, Oct 20 - End of 1st 9 Week Grading Period
- Sat, Oct 21 - Blue Ridge Fall Festival from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.