Wink’s Weekly Words
Homecoming is over, and now we set our sights on our 1st formative assessment (Week of 9/25 - 9/29). We have 1 more week of instruction until we see where our students are and how effective our instruction matched their learning needs. The formative assessments are at the rigor of STAAR, but is student work at that rigor? Because it’s the beginning of the year, student work is more than likely not where you want it YET. The ONLY way to get kids thinking at the depth and complexity of the standards is to demand that student work be at that same quality.
Challenge - What are some strategies we can implement to get students working and producing products of their learning at the rigor of the standards we want them to master? The quality of student work always leads to the quality of student results.
Watch this one minute video from John Maxwell on Stress
Mr. Wink’s Weekly Blog to the community.
- This blog will continue to have MORE AND MORE information posted on it. Please use it as the first place you look for documents, dates, training resources, etc. It’s a work in progress - I’ll work on it as time allows...please provide feedback to me when you can’t find on it what you need. THANKS!
- September Professional Learning has been posted here and in Eduphoria - https://goo.gl/n69HEz
- As a reminder, here's a link to the BRISD Staff Development Plan, outlining levels of PD that can obtained this year - https://goo.gl/ti7fBv
- We're also doing another Twitter Chat on September 25th.
- After you attend a class, TO RECEIVE CREDIT, you have to do the survey. This will enable you to print a certificate in Eduphoria.
Business Office Announcements
- Six Weeks Attendance checks will be issued on Tuesday, October 10th.
- Food service balances may NOT exceed $75 for employees or employee’s children. Please make sure you are keeping an eye on your account so this does not become an issue.
- Regarding student meals: General Operating will pay for approved student meals beyond District. General Operating will not pay for any student meals for practice events. Activity account funds may be used with prior approval and available funds.
Special Programs Announcements
- BR Dyslexia Notes - https://goo.gl/YaJ3mS
Upcoming Events (next 3 weeks)
- Fri, Sep 15 - Homecoming Game vs. Honey Grove at 7:30 p.m.
- Sat, Sep 16 - BRHS Homecoming Dance ($10 in advance / $12 at the door) from 8 pm to 12 pm at ES Cafeteria. (HS students only. Outside guests must be approved by HS principal)
- Sat, Sep 16 - Cross Country at Princeton
- Sat, Sep 16 - HS VB vs Wolfe City AWAY
- Mon, Sep 18 - BRISD Board Meeting at 6 p.m.
- Mon, Sep 18 - JH VB vs Wolfe City HOME
- Mon, Sep 18 - MAP Math Testing Window
- Tue, Sep 19 - HS VB vs Trenton HOME
- Thu, Sep 21 - JH FB vs Quinlan Boles HOME
- Fri, Sep 22 - HS VB vs Savoy AWAY
- Fri, Sep 22 - HS FB vs Quinlan Boles AWAY
- Sat, Sep 23 - JH VB Tournament at Blue Ridge
- Sat, Sep 23 - Cross Country Meet at Trenton 8 a.m.
- 9/25 - 9/29 - 1st Formative Assessments Given
- Mon, Sep 25 - JH VB @ Trenton
- Tue, Sep 26 - HS VS vs Bells HOME
- Thu, Sep 28 - JH FB @ Collinsville
- Fri, Sep 29 - End of 6 Weeks Grading Period (Eligibility Check)
- Fri, Sep 29 - HS VB @ Roxton
- Fri, Sep 29 - HS FB vs. Collinsville HOME
- Sat, Sep 30 - Cross Country @ Farmersville
- Mon, Oct 2 - School Holiday for Texas State Fair