What a great first week!It was great to see all of our students on the first day with smiles, ready to meet a new year! Our BR staff always does a great job in welcoming everyone, making the first day back a terrific one! This year was no different. Thank you, staff, for all you do.
I'll be making a post from Central Office EACH FRIDAY. Hopefully by communicating needed information in one place, it won't get lost through email. Please take time each weekend to read over this communication.
Central Office Weekly Communication
Wink’s Weekly Words
This week has been such a great start to the year. I was very impressed with the way every campus and employee rolled out the “Green Carpet” for our kids. You did such a great job building strong relationships and establishing student-led routines and procedures. As we begin Week 1.2, please remember that the most critical skill is “what to do when you don’t know what to do”. C4B4Me is a critical skill needed not only for the classroom, but for life. I challenge you to do your best in motivating kids to Learn, Grow and Excel with C4B4Me.
Mr. Wink’s Weekly Blog to the community.
- Here’s a link to all Handbooks on the school website (Student Handbook, Code of Conduct, Technology, Transportation and Academic)
- We are implementing MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) this year. We want to see how our students are growing, not just through STAAR. MAP will provide that for us. They will be tested 3 times each year with the first window being in September. More information will follow soon.
- MAP Growth website: https://www.nwea.org/map-growth/
- Intro videos:
- MAP Coordinators on each campus
- Elementary - Ashley Elder
- Middle - Mary Townsend
- High - Stacey Raymer
- Reminder -- please update your teacher website. Many still have old information from last year. Also, it’s important to list your way of parent/community communication - Google Classroom, Seesaw, blog, social media, etc.
- 1st 6 Weeks FA - Due Friday, September 8
- Here’s a link to the guidelines for making your test; https://goo.gl/4YZd6t,
- If the structure of your test needs to be outside the parameters of the guidelines (fewer questions per standard, etc.) work closely with your principal or Peer Coach to design your test that will render quality data.
- Access the 17-18 Testing Calendar here with all 1718 dates
- See your building principal(s) or an iMPACT Team member for assistance.
- The iMPACT Team will be posting their 'TEACH LIKE A PINEAPPLE CHARTS' early next week with class periods you can COME IN AND OBSERVE! Please feel WELCOME to go in, watch and provide feedback on the Google form link that you'll find on the Teach Like a Pineapple poster. We'll roll this out with everyone in September!
Business Office Announcements
- Reminder that the mileage rate for reimbursement is $0.535. Please use this rate even if it is listed incorrectly on the forms.
Central Office Announcements
If you need assistance with how to put absences in Aesop, please see your campus office staff.
Special Programs Announcements
Dyslexia - We’re excited to have Leslie Patterson as our new Dyslexia Coordinator
- Here’s a link to her weekly Smore newsletter - https://goo.gl/m1jBTS
- Here’s one of the videos she showed during her inservice training
Upcoming Events (next 3 weeks)
Mon, Sep 4 - Labor Day Holiday: NO SCHOOL
Fri, Sep 8 - End of 1st 3 Week Grading Period
Formative Assessments Due
Sun, Sep 10 - PAINT THE TOWN GREEN for Homecoming Week
Fri, Sep 15 - Homecoming & Parade at 1:30 p.m.
Homecoming Volunteers & Drivers
The fast approaching 2017-2018 school year will be starting soon with Homecoming just around the corner on September 15th. A good old fashioned Homecoming Parade brings out the DIY gene in many. As always someone will be deemed the designated driver of the 12-16 foot crepe paper masterpiece. If you are anticipating participation with this event you will need to be approved as a BRISD volunteer and/or driver before September 1st.
- Completed Volunteer Application with Front and Back copy of valid, government issued Photo ID submitted to BRISD Admin no later than Sept 1, 2017.
- All volunteer applicants are subject to DPS Computerized Criminal History (CCH) verification.
- Completed Volunteer Application with Front and Back copy of valid State of Texas issued Driver’s License submitted to BRISD Admin no later than Sept 1, 2017
- Copy of Proof of Liability Insurance
- All potential drivers are subject to DPS Computerized Criminal History (CCH) and Driving Record verification.
Trailer inspection location and dates to be announced.